Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Greetings

Hello All.

December 5th...almost two months since I last posted. I hope all of you have recovered from Ike. My husband and I are still struggling w/debris removal since we lost more than half of our trees. Our home is situated in a wooded area and we still have a lot of trees, but it is sad to lost a lot of the old ones. A crew from sunny Florida is coming today with much needed help.

One of my books, MURDER IN THE THIRD PERSON, is currently posted on Authors Promoting Authors and I'd like to pass along information on a novel, JUST A MEMORY, by Lois Carroll. I tried to copy the material showing the cover, but the site didn't cooperate, so I'm typing the material for your information: -

"Start with a widow who avoids getting involved with men so she and her young daughter won't be hurt again if they leave as her husband did by dying.
"-Have her feel fear as a victim of a burglary.
"Add a hardened cop to investigate who's never allowed himself to be involved with any woman because his job would put her in jeopardy.
"-Blend the issues with an unlikely but strong attraction between them.
"-Sprinkle with a small-town false sense of security.
"-Fold in a hirred gun from the hero's unfinished past.
"-Spice with a manhunt.
"-Let the mixture heat up when she thinks her time with him to be forever just a memory."
Buy at Barnes & Noble.com, Amazon.com
Visit Lois Carroll's blog

I hope you will join me in wishing Lois well with this novel--it sounds intriguing.

I am in the process of getting information on my newest work, DECEPTIVE CLARITY, which will be released on December 27, 2008. It is a tale laced with deception, danger, suspense, sprinkled with spicy romance. International intrigue is set in motion when an importer-exporter of Egyptian antiquities goes missing.
More information on my website, www.bettygordon.com

I hope you all enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday and are not wearing yourselves out with Christmas shopping. I absolutely enjoy everything connected with the holidays -- even the shopping. I wish you and yours a joyous holiday season.

In spite of the debris and other holiday duties, I am still working away on my third novel which I hope to finish before too many more weeks.

I treated myself to a Christmas gift this year--a Kindle and I love it. It won't stop me from buying traditional books, but it is great to carry to various appointments and read as you wait.

I hope you will check out Authors Promoting Authors.

Bye for now.

Betty Gordon
www.bettygordon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home