Thursday, October 2, 2008

Left Brain/Right Brain

Half of today was supposed to be a blissful, creative day with pages of manuscript to show for it. However, nothing goes according to plan and after meeting with a claims adjuster re our property damage, thanks to Ike, all my plans went to H===! We had roof damage which I wasn't aware of and I've spent the rest of the day searching our files for a roofer we used about a year ago and arranging for my son to put a tarp over the damage tomorrow. You know the rest, I'm sure...no records and my husband has the receipt book in Oklahoma City.

My woes are nothing though when compared to those who lost their homes and precious items. So, I just have to pull myself up by the bootstraps, smile, have a glass of wine, and get on with life.

Good writing and reading to all.

Betty Gordon

3 Comments:

At October 4, 2008 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Pauline said...

hugs, betty! Hang in there! this too will pass!

 
At October 4, 2008 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Big hugs Betty....I can so relate to how you feel...Ike really did a number and of course nothing is ever where you want or need it to be.....

 
At October 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Laura Elvebak said...

Tomorrow's another day. Hang in there, girl. It will get better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home